Red Cabbage Okonomiyaki Fritter.
You can cook Red Cabbage Okonomiyaki Fritter using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red Cabbage Okonomiyaki Fritter
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- You need 4 oz of Shredded Red Cabbage.
- You need 2.89 oz of Tempura Mix.
- It’s .5 oz of Mushroom Stock Concentrate.
- It’s 2 of Scallions.
- It’s 1 of Thumb Ginger.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sesame Seeds.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Jasmine Rice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sriracha.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Water, +1tsp.
- You need of Salt and Pepper, to season.
Red Cabbage Okonomiyaki Fritter step by step
- Peel and mince or great ginger and garlic, keeping them separate. Finally chopped cabbage. Trim and thinly sliced scallions, separating whites from greens..
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium high heat. Add half a sesame seeds and a big pinch of ginger. Cook stirring frequently until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes..
- Stir in rice, 1 1/4 cup water, and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduced to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered until ready to serve..
- While rice cooks, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, 1/4 teaspoon water, and Sriracha to taste..
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, start concentrate, and 1/4 cup water..
- Whisk in tempura mix until no lumps remain..
- Fold in cabbage, garlic, scallion whites, and remaining ginger. Season with half teaspoon salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly to combine, 1 to 2 minutes..
- Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large nonstick pan over medium high heat. Once a while is hard enough that a drop a batter sizzles when added to the pan, carefully at half the better. Cook until browned and crispy, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board. Repeat with the remaining half of batter to make two fritters..
- Fluff rice with a fork and season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide ginger race between bowls or plates. Cut okonomiyaki fritters into quarters and place atop rice. Top with Sriracha mayo and hoisin. Garnish with scallion greens and remaining sesame seeds..
- Serve and enjoy!.