Easiest Way to Make Tasty Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe)
Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe). This is a copycat recipe for P F Chang's Stir-Fried Spicy Eggplant (Chinese eggplant tossed in a spicy vegetarian sauce with chili paste and scallions). Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels. Stir-fry cubed chicken breast with mushrooms, spinach, eggplant, and soy sauce for a quick and And while any baked good can get an upgrade with a pumpkin spice twist, there's something Cook and stir chicken, garlic, and soy sauce together in a large skillet over medium heat until the chicken.
All Reviews for Spicy Chicken and Eggplant Stir-Fry. Spicy Chicken and Eggplant Stir-Fry. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels. You can have Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe) using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe)
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sesame oil (no canola oil is used as no deep frying in this recipe).
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (about 6 large cloves).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sliced ginger.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (instead of vinegar).
- You need 2 tablespoons of date syrup (instead of the sugar and to induce some dark color as no bean sauce is used in this recipe).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of water.
- It’s of Chicken breasts cut into cubes and cooked separately in a pan with 1 tablespoon canola oil, salt and pepper.
- You need of Skinned Eggplant sliced as desired.
- You need of Carrots cut into stripes.
- You need of Green onions.
- It’s of Steamed white rice.
- Prepare of Chili flakes (no chili paste or spicy sauce to make it edible for children but these can be added as desired).
- You need of Water to steam the eggplants and carrots (steaming is used to eliminate using a lot of oil in the recipe and to reduce time for sautéing eggplants and carrots in oil).
This spicy eggplant stir fry is an easy, flavorful side dish that is great for dinner. The sauce is made with doubanjiang and other spices. Flash or fry pan the eggplant just to get them soft. Then, stir fry the eggplant in a spicy sauce made of doubanjiang (fermented broad bean chili sauce/paste), garlic.
Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe) instructions
- Steam the eggplants and the carrots separately.
- In a wok or large pan add the 2 tablespoons sesame oil, the garlic, the ginger and the sesame seeds.. Oh the fragrance!!😋😋.
- Sauté the steamed carrots first for about 1 minute then add steamed eggplants and drizzle some sesame oil on top. Carefully mix for about 5 minutes. Note that since steaming has been used, it reduces a lot the cooking time of the vegetables at this phase. Basically we are just coating them with flavor. You can vary the amount of time for steaming and make it less steaming but more sautéing time with oil or the opposite like what I did. I chose the latter to give it a healthier twist..
- Now add the already chicken cubes on top of step 3..
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the cornstarch with the water, adding the soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, chili flakes, and the date syrup. If you need to use more water you can add the amount of water remaining or less of it as desired..
- Pour the sauce prepared in step 5 to step 4 and wait until it reduces.
- Slice green onions to garnish and serve with white steamed rice. Bon appetit!👌.
Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels. Meanwhile remove all but ½ tspn of oil from wok. Add eggplant and simmer for another. Get the recipe for satay noodle stir-fry here. Interesting fact: chestnuts are the only low-calorie nut.