American Apple Pie Turnovers. These humble looking apple pie turnovers are convenient and can be made ahead for busy holiday season. When it comes to taste, there is nothing humble about them! Bring the frozen puff pastry to room temperature.
Apple Hand Pies – Apple Turnovers Recipe – How to Make Hand Pies. Apple turnovers are the easiest way to enjoy that stupendous apple pie flavor without the hassle of baking a pie. Filled with sumptuous apple pie filling wrapped in flaky puff pastry dough, apple pie turnovers are a super convenient dessert you make ahead of time, or freeze and bake later. You can cook American Apple Pie Turnovers using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of American Apple Pie Turnovers
- You need of Apple.
- You need of Butter.
- You need of from 1/4 of a lemon Lemon juice.
- It’s of Granulated sugar.
- It’s of Cinnamon powder.
- You need of Frozen puff pastry.
- It’s of Egg wash.
- Prepare of Granulated sugar for topping.
Best Apples for For Apple Pies or Apple Turnovers. There are tons of different types of apples out there but not all are created equal when it comes to making Brush the tops of apple turnovers with whisked egg to achieve that beautiful golden color on top. I love me some pastries but really do not have any good bakeries nearby! These apple pie turnovers look amazingly delicious!
American Apple Pie Turnovers step by step
- Bring the frozen puff pastry to room temperature. Cut into 4 equal square pieces. Peel the apple and chop into 1 to 1.5 cm pieces..
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan. Add the apples, lemon juice, and sugar and slowly simmer over low heat while stirring until the liquid boils out. Be careful not to burn it..
- Sprinkle cinnamon powder on the apples, stir, then remove from the heat. You should have about 1 and 1/2 cups (300 ml) of apples..
- Place 1/4 of the stewed apples onto the puff pastry, then fold it into a triangle..
- Use a fork to crimp the edges..
- Brush with egg wash, then sprinkle sugar. Bake for about 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 200°C until the surface is golden brown..
- I used Granny Smith apples, which are very tart and crisp. You could also use Jonathan apples as well..
My daghter is crazy about apple pie these days! "Apple turnover" redirects here. Savoury turnovers with meat or poultry and identified as a turnover in the United States (for example, "Beef Turnover" or "Cheesy Chicken Turnover") have to meet a standard of identity or composition and should contain a certain amount of meat or Pie tee. These Apple Turnovers are perfect for breakfast or even snack. A delicious homemade crust filled with a tasty apple pie filling, the perfect anytime treat. The Apple Turnovers should be stored in an airtight container in a cool dry place, they will keep for a day or two, otherwise they should be stored in.