You can have Steak Diane using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Steak Diane
- You need of Sirloin steak or any cut you prefer.
- You need of garlic.
- Prepare of tbsp salted butter.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of white onion.
- It’s of button mushrooms.
- It’s of tbsp mustard.
- You need of heavy cream.
- You need of brandy or cogniac.
- It’s of tbsp of Worcester Sauce.
- It’s of Parsley.
- It’s of peas (optional).
Steak Diane instructions
- Hot pan, olive oil. Season and sear the steaks with 2 cloves of garlic (cook to the degree that you prefer). Add the butter to the pan then baste. Once cooked, take it off the heat and rest the meat..
- On the same pan, saute the chopped onion and 1 clove of garlic until soft. Season with salt, pepper, mustard and Worcester sauce then add the mushrooms..
- Pour the brandy on one side of the pan then slightly tilt over the flame to flambe or just let the alcohol cook-out without flaming. (Be careful when flaming. Make sure that you can control the fire on the pan. Always have a wet towel ready or flour to put out the flames if it gets out of control)..
- Swirl the remaining juices around, add the cream then reduce. Add chopped parsley..
- You can put the steaks back in the cream to finish cooking or you can just spoon the sauce on top of the steaks during plating..
- You can serve it with baked potato wedges (as seen on my picture) or with mashed potatoes. Bon appetit..