California Farm Apple Sauce.
You can cook California Farm Apple Sauce using 4 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of California Farm Apple Sauce
- Prepare of apples, about 20 large apples, Golden Delicious or Granny Smith.
- It’s of a cup of water, tablespoon lemon juice, cinnamon stick.
- It’s of Cost.
- It’s of Farmers sell dropped apples for $2 a pound. Ten pounds makes twenty cups of apple sauce, $1 per cup.
California Farm Apple Sauce instructions
- Wash, peel, core, slice apples. Cook in six quart dutch oven. Half a cup of water on the bottom to keep the apples from sticking to the pan. Tbs lemon juice to blanch the apples, cinnamon stick on top, stir with potato masher. Mash when apples start feeling soft, after about 20 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick. Taste. Stir in extra Tbs of lemon juice if too sweet. Save peels and cores to make apple cider..
- Cool applesauce, ladle two cup portion into a heavy duty quart freezer bag, lay flat, press air out, freeze laying flat for stacking later. Put in cardboard box in freezer, edges perforate easily, frozen sauce bags can get sharp edges. Fresh till next harvest. Enjoy.