Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie.
You can cook Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie
- You need of Potatoes.
- Prepare of Onion (chopped fine).
- You need of Sweet Corn.
- Prepare of Carrots (peeled and chopped).
- Prepare of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare of Ground Beef.
- Prepare of Flour.
- It’s of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s of Green Beans.
- Prepare of Beef Broth (possibly bullion instead for a more salty alternative).
- It’s of Butter.
- Prepare of Half-and-Half or Milk.
- It’s of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s of as needed Salt and Pepper.
- It’s of Cumin, Rosemary and Thyme (optional).
Teeney's American Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Start the mashed potatoes: Peel and cut potatoes (1/2 inch or quartered). Place in pan and cover with cold water (1/2 in over potatoes). Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. [start step 3 then return to potatoes] ((Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until tender and easily crushed with tongs, approximately 15-20 mins.)).
- In a large sauté pan with oil, sauté onions and carrots, then garlic. Add ground beef and cook through until brown..
- Continue filling: Sprinkle meat with flour and toss to coat. Add salt/pepper and cumin (optional), add Worcestershire Sauce, Beef Broth, and Rosemary/ Thyme (optional). Brind to boil, cover and simmer low and covered until sauce is thick (10-15 mins)..
- Mash Potatoes: Add half-and-half or milk, butter, and salt/pepper to drained potatoes. Mash until smooth..
- Continue filling: Add corn and green beans (peas optional) for just a few mins to heat..
- Combine in lightly greased 3 qt casserole dish: Beef filling on bottom. Sprinkle layer of cheese on top. Top with mashed potatoes. (Make sure the potatoes seal the beef filling in so it doesn't boil and create a mess.) Use a fork to make rivets on the top of the mashed potatoes. Add small amount of paprika on top..
- Bake dish for 25-30 minutes in oven at 400°F. Let cool (about 15 mins)..