Mostly Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.
You can cook Mostly Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mostly Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- You need 4 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of water, divided.
- You need 2 cups of raw baby carrots, sliced into small pieces.
- It’s 2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s To taste of Himalayan pink salt.
- Prepare To taste of pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground thyme.
- You need Half of package wide egg noodles.
Mostly Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup instructions
- Add the stock, broth and chicken breasts to a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for approximately 20 minutes..
- Remove the chicken from the pot, let rest for 10 minutes..
- Chop the carrots and add them to the broth. (I left celery out because we don’t dig it but feel free to add some here if you wish.) Kick the heat up to medium, bring back to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes with the lid off..
- Chop up or pull the chicken apart into bite sized pieces and add it to the almost finished product, along with the seasonings. Simmer for 5 minutes with the lid off again..
- Give your soup a nice big stir, add some water if the broth is getting thin and replace the lid. Set the heat back to medium-low and simmer for about 15 more minutes, for good measure..
- During the last 8 or so minutes of simmering, add the egg noodles and a little more water, if needed. (As you can see in the picture, mine was lacking in liquid at the end so be mindful of that.).
- Remove from heat, serve immediately and enjoy the robust goodness!!.