Native American Three Sisters Stew.
You can cook Native American Three Sisters Stew using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Native American Three Sisters Stew
- You need of winter squash (such as butternut, Hubbard or sweet pumpkin).
- Prepare of medium onion chopped.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of canned pinto beans, drained.
- You need of corn ( fresh, canned or frozen.
- Prepare of chicken broth or vegetable broth.
- It’s of CuisineMentor native american three sisters stew Gourmet Spice Blend.
- You need of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s of minced fresh cilantro.
Native American Three Sisters Stew step by step
- Peel and seed squash, and cut into approx 1/2" squares.
- Heat oil in pot. Add onions and saute until soft, about 5 minutes..
- Add the chopped squash, tomatoes, beans, corn, and broth and the package of Native American Three Sisters Stew Spice Blend..
- Stir to blend well..
- Bring to a simmer..
- Gently Simmer until squash is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes..
- If needed add more broth.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Then let stew stand, off of heat for one hour. To let the flavors blend..
- Then reheat, add the cilantro and serve. Enjoy!!.