California Farm Cold Smoked Pork Ribs.
You can cook California Farm Cold Smoked Pork Ribs using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of California Farm Cold Smoked Pork Ribs
- Prepare Half of a slab of pork ribs, that is six ribs, pound and half of meat (625 grams).
- It’s of homemade BBQ rub, see recipe below.
- Prepare of Tbs each:.
- Prepare of heated honey.
- It’s of cooking sherry.
- It’s of sesame oil.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- It’s of ginger.
- You need of garlic.
- Prepare of Fire starter can of mesquite charcoal.
- It’s of coffee can of soaked oak wood pieces.
- Prepare of Fire proof glass or metal measuring cup with 2 cups of water to make steam.
- You need of Cost.
- It’s of To barbecue, i use a pound of mesquite charcoal, soak half of it in water if i want a long slow fire: 40 cents.
- Prepare 1 pound of Ribs, $2.50.
- You need of Meat rub, 50 cents. Serve with cucumber, 70 cents, beans, 20 cents, tomato/onion 40 cents, $2.15 per dinner.
California Farm Cold Smoked Pork Ribs step by step
- Start mesquite charcoal in fire starter can, fifteen minutes, tip burning coals on lower fire grid to one side. Put top grill on, set glass jar on top next to the coals to make steam. Keep soaked wood ready to be added later. Turn BBQ vents down, lid on, so the BBQ is handwarm, not hot. Then add pork ribs covered with BBQ rub on the grill, meaty side up, away from the fire. Cook and smoke four hours on low fire..
- How to make the BBQ smoke rub: 1 tablespoon of each: paprika, coriander, cinnamom, thyme, crushed bayleaf, allspice, crushed cloves, onion powder. Mix well, keep in air tight container. Now add one tablespoon each of BBQ smoke rub, garlic, ginger, and lemon juice, heated honey, sesame oil, cooking sherry. Mix well. Bring slab of pork ribs to room temperature, dry the meat with towel. Brush on both sides of the pork slab with the mix. Let sit half an hour at room temperature..
- The slow burning Mesquite fire is on the right, lay pork rib slab with meaty side up on the left, glass measuring cup with water in between, smoke in mesquite smoke and simmer four hours. After four hours, add soaked oak wood on top of the grill over the coals, leave vents as before, smoke meat one hour. The ribs are ready when the tips of the rib bones poke through the meat. Close BBQ, reuse left over coals. Serve ribs warm. Enjoy..
- Hint: the bones keep their splinters in our dogs stomach, so I put them in the garden doggy outhouse privy, a covered digestive septic system with enzymes, safe from rats and wildlife, till dissolved..