American chicken pie. Chicken pie is proper comfort food for a family dinner. We have lots of recipes whether you like puff pastry, potato-topped or a light filo-wrapped version. Get the perfect chicken pie whether you opt for crisp puff or buttery shortcrust pastry.
From easy chicken and mushroom pie to spectacular pithiviers. Traditional American chicken pie is part of national pride and therefore inevitable on festive occasions. Peel the onion and slice it small. You can have American chicken pie using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of American chicken pie
- It’s of onion.
- Prepare of chicken breast.
- It’s of garlic.
- Prepare of leek.
- It’s of carrot.
- Prepare of flour.
- You need of chicken soup.
- You need of cooking cream.
- Prepare of puff pastry.
- You need of salt/pepper.
- Prepare of provencal herbs or oregano.
- It’s of egg and butter to bake.
- It’s of olive oil.
Moravian chicken pie is a savory meat pie that originated in the colonial town of Salem, North Carolina. It is a traditional double crusted pie made with flaky shortcrust pastry filled with only chunks of poached chicken meat and a thick broth-based sauce. I'm looking for a really bomb chicken pot pie filling. It seems like I can never get the sauce quite right.
American chicken pie instructions
- Peel the onion and slice it small.
- cut and slice the leek.
- Dice the carrot.
- chop the garlic.
- remove the chicken breast fat and dice them.
- Add olive oil in the skillet and when it gets warm add the vegetables.
- wait 10 minutes aprox. and then add the diced chicken.
- when the chicken gets color, add the flour and stir until it gets toasted.
- then add the cup of chicken soup and, if you wish, the herbs or the oregano.
- wait 10 minutes and add the cooking cream and stir.
- oil the baking tin with the butter, put one puff pastry and fit it.
- remember to prick the pastry in order not to pump up.
- pour the mixture in and cover it with the other pastry. Adjusts the edges and remove the leftover. Don't throw it, reserve for the pie decoration.
- make the decoration as your desire, using the pastry leftovers.
- varnish the pie with the egg so it gets a nice colour when baked.
- preheat the oven to 200°C and bake the pie 30 minutes in both sides.
- unmold and serve. Appetit!.
Head over to Tesco Real Food for plenty of chicken pie recipes. Feed the whole family with hearty and classic chicken pie recipes that are so easy to make. Chicken pot pie is truly an heirloom recipe—cooks have been making it for centuries. One of the earliest New World mentions of a recipe for chicken pot pie was in the cookbook American Cookery. This amazing homemade chicken pie is the perfect sharing dish.