Macaroni Salad with Tunafish #America. Cook pasta according to package directions. This family favorite tuna macaroni salad is made with canned tuna, elbow macaroni, bell peppers, mayo, parsley, green (Fish on Fridays, it's a Catholic thing.) Why This Tuna Macaroni Salad Recipe is a Favorite. It's such a simple salad, yet even now my heart.
Cooked macaroni is tossed with your favorite Italian dressing, then marinated overnight, for a creamy tuna-mac salad with loads of flavor. It really gives the pasta a great flavor! I've tried this with tuna or with crab, and they were great. You can have Macaroni Salad with Tunafish #America using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Macaroni Salad with Tunafish #America
- It’s 2 cups of uncooked macaroni pasta.
- It’s 1 of small Green Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of small Red Pepper.
- You need 1/2-1 of small Onion.
- You need 1 can of tuna drained.
- Prepare of Seasonings (see below).
- Prepare of Mayonnaise for consistency.
- It’s of Seasonings.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Celery salt.
- You need of Dill Weed (optional).
An old fashioned dish made from tuna, macaroni, chopped egg, celery, peas, salt and pepper – and for my additions, Old Bay and Cajun seasoning. Lots of potential add-ins will make this your own too! Tuna macaroni salad holds a special place in my heart. It reminds me of big summertime cookouts and family reunions in Elberton.
Macaroni Salad with Tunafish #America step by step
- Cook pasta according to package directions. About 8 min.
- Meanwhile, dice peppers and onions (I also recommend 2 radishes diced). Set aside..
- When pasta is cooked drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well and put into a large bowl..
- Add vegetables and seasoning and tuna.
- Add enough mayonnaise for desired consistency.
- Chill at least an hour for tasty results.
Tuna macaroni salad is pretty doggone addictive as well. I find myself dipping into it whenever I go into the kitchen, a spoonful. Tuna Macaroni salad is satisfying dish all on its own, but is also the perfect side dish to complement a summer picnic or potluck. This salad has it all-delicious pasta, savory Ingredients of Macaroni Salad with Tunafish #America. This macaroni salad is a simple and delicious combination of tuna with chopped vegetables.