You can cook Soto Ayam using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Soto Ayam
- It’s of Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 stick of lemongrass.
- Prepare 3 of keffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 2 of of 5cm turmeric or 2tsp turmeric powder.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 5 of Shallots.
- You need 2 cm of galangal.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Mushroom powder.
- Prepare 2 litres of water or chicken broth.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 500 gr of chicken.
- You need 1 pack of vermicelli.
- Prepare 4 of boiled eggs.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery/coriander.
- You need 1 of spring onion.
- Prepare of Fried Shallots for sprinkle (made out of 150gr Shallots).
- It’s 2 of limes.
Soto Ayam instructions
- In a blender add turmeric, garlic, shallots, galangal, salt, pepper, mushroom powder and oil. Blend til smooth (you can add water to help the blender work).
- In a pot, pour turmeric mixture, lime leaves, bay leaves, and lemongrass sauté til it fragrant, (if you add water to your mixture, cook until all of the water evaporate and all of the oil is coming out).
- Pour water or chicken broth to the pot, once it boiled add the chicken, turn the heat to medium low and cook it for 40 minutes..
- While the broth cooked, chop the topping (tomato, celery and spring onion) slice the egg, soak the vermicelli in hot water for 2 minutes and slice the lime..
- For the fried Shallots, slice the Shallots and fried it on medium high until it almost golden, take it out and sprinkle some salt..
- After 40 minutes, take out the chicken, let it cool and shred it. Check the taste of the broth, add some more salt and mushroom powder if needed..
- To assembly, add vermicelli on the bottom, and then tomatoes, celery, spring onion, chicken and egg. Pour the broth and then sprinkle some fried Shallots..
- Your Soto Ayam is ready to serve, don't forget to squeeze some lime juice!.