California Farm Peach Golden Marmelade.
You can have California Farm Peach Golden Marmelade using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of California Farm Peach Golden Marmelade
- It’s of ripe, large California Forty-Niner peaches, or similar.
- You need of navel orange.
- You need of brandied or marachino pitted cherries.
- Prepare of cane sugar or less.
- You need of lime juice.
California Farm Peach Golden Marmelade step by step
- Boil 2 quarts water, drop peaches in, leave four minutes, pull peel off, chop. Zest and chop orange, remove white bitter pitch. Chop cherries. Mix ingredients with 4 Tbs of lime juice. Use measuring cup to put fruit mix in dutch oven pan, stir in equal amount of cane sugar or less. Taste for freshness and fruitiness after each cup, dont oversweeten. Remember, marmelade will thicken and become sweeter. Stir till dissolved..
- Bring to a boil on medium heat, then slow boil one hour to thicken, stirring, use wooden spoon to scrape the bottom well. When thickening, do drop tests after 50 minutes: drip mixture from spoon on cold plate, angle, if it does not run, mixture is done. Below, right side fails, left side passes, 50 and 55 minutes.Remove from heat. Do not let mixture turn brown..
- Working quickly, fill each sterilized pint jar with two cups of hot marmelade, leave fingertip airspace, close, set upside down to cool overnight. Do not touch. If lid has not curved inward when cooled, put in fridge, eat within a month. If lid has popped inward, store in dark place. Enjoy!.