You can have Southwest Chili using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southwest Chili
- Prepare of Bacon.
- You need of Ground Sirloin.
- You need of Ground Sage Pork Sausage.
- Prepare of Cajun sausage (conecuh).
- Prepare of Dark Red Kidney Beans drained and rinsed.
- It’s of Black Beans drained and rinsed.
- It’s of Chili Beans drained and rinsed.
- You need of 28 oz Peeled, Diced Tomatos.
- Prepare of Chopped Red Onion.
- You need of Chopped Green Onion.
- You need of Chopped Green Bell Pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Ground Cumin.
- You need of Ground Coriander.
- You need of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare of Chili Powder.
- You need of Southwest Pepper Mix.
- You need of Masa Harina (corn flour).
- You need of 7oz Salsa Verde (herndez).
- It’s of Dos Equis.
- You need of Shredded Cheese (any kind).
- It’s of Sour Cream.
- You need of Fritos.
Southwest Chili instructions
- Pre-chop all veggies, pre-measure all spices and mix ground meat prior to beginning..
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook in medium sized pan approximately 5 minutes. Remove bacon, set aside in a bowl and drain excess grease leaving just enough to cook the beef and pork..
- Add salt, ground beef and ground pork into the pan cooking until browned before removing to bowl with bacon..
- Add onion, green onion, bell pepper, and chopped Cajun sausage to pan; saut? 5 min or until sausage is lightly browned. Add garlic; saut? 1 minute. Add beer, scraping pan to loosen any brown bits..
- Combine everything EXCEPT the corn flour, sour cream, and Fritos into a large pot; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour stirring occasionally..
- Stir in masa(corn flour); cook 30 minutes. Combine with cheese, sour cream and fritos chips as desired..