You can have American Chopsuey using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of American Chopsuey
- You need 300 gms of Noodles.
- You need 6 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 1" of Ginger chopped.
- It’s 3-4 cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1 of Onion sliced.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Carrot cut into thin strips.
- You need 5-6 of French beans cut into thin strips.
- You need 1 cup of cabbage shredded.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vinegar.
- It’s 2 cups of vegetable stock.
American Chopsuey step by step
- Heat sufficient water, add little salt and one tablespoon of oil and bring to a boil. Add noodles and boil on high heat until almost cooked..
- Remove, drain and cool. Divide the cooked noodles into four equal portions, form into a nest and deep fry in hot oil till light brown and crisp..
- Remove and drain on an absorbent kitchen towel. Blend cornstarch in quarter-cup water and set aside..
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a wok, add chopped ginger, garlic and stir-fry briefly..
- Add sliced onion and sauté for a minute or until it turns translucent. Add carrot, beans, cabbage, spinach and stir-fry for two minutes or until the vegetables are just cooked but still retain the crispness..
- Add pepper powder, salt and sugar. stir in the tomato sauce and the vinegar. Pour in the stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat and stir in the blended cornstarch..
- Simmer for two minutes or until it thickens to a sauce consistency.
- Arrange a portion of the fried noodles on a plate, pour a portion of the prepared vegetables Serve hot immediately..