California Farm Duck in champagne with pearl and scallion onions dinner.
You can cook California Farm Duck in champagne with pearl and scallion onions dinner using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of California Farm Duck in champagne with pearl and scallion onions dinner
- You need of Duck Leg quarter, skin on.
- You need of sparkling wine.
- It’s of small white boiler onions.
- It’s of large scallions.
- Prepare of honey.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- Prepare of chicken broth.
- Prepare of peanut oil.
- You need of cornstarch dissolved in 2 Tbs cold water.
- You need of peanut oil for wok frying.
- It’s of Cost.
- It’s of duck is $3.30 at the farmers market, for the pearl onions, scallions, add $1, 2 cups chicken broth is 50 cents, cup of prosecco champagne is $3, dinner costs about $3 per person.
California Farm Duck in champagne with pearl and scallion onions dinner step by step
- Wash, dry duck leg quarter thoroughly, rub all sides with honey and soy sauce. Heat peanut oil to 360F degrees, below smoke point. Put coated leg quarter in hot oil (might splatter, use lid). Fry two minutes one side, turn over, fry two minutes other side. Drain duck leg quarter in collander, filter oil for reuse, wash and dry wok..
- Rinse and remove dry skin from trimmed pearl onions. Put two cups of chicken broth in the wok with the sparkling wine, the duck leg quarter and the pearl onions, simmer one hour. Meanwhile, scrub and trim five large scallions, broil seven minutes under broiler, cool..
- Debone the duck leg, lay thinly sliced duckmeat on top of broiled scallions with pearl onions. Thicken cooking broth with cornstarch, pour over duckmeat and scallions. Serve over rice or noodles with lots of sauce. Enjoy..