Texas Sheet Cake.
You can have Texas Sheet Cake using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Texas Sheet Cake
- It’s of Chocolate Cake Batter.
- Prepare 290 grams of AP flour.
- You need 445 grams of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 t of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 t of kosher salt.
- You need 1 c of butter.
- It’s 1 c of water.
- You need 1/3 c of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 c of sour cream.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 T of vanilla.
- It’s of Chocolate Icing.
- Prepare 1 c of butter, melted.
- It’s 1/3 c of milk.
- It’s 1/4 c of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 lb of powder sugar.
- It’s 1 T of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 c of chopped pecans, toasted (optional).
Texas Sheet Cake instructions
- Mis En Place! Two mixing bowls, non-stick spray, whisks, 13x18x1” jelly roll and a medium sauce pan. Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray your jelly pan with the non-stick spray..
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt until fully combined without lumps..
- Cut the butter into chunks. Over medium heat in a medium sauce pan, bring the water, cocoa and butter to a boil. Stir often and be sure not to burn..
- Pour the cocoa mixture over the flour mixture. Mix to combine, then add the sour cream, eggs and vanilla..
- Spread the mixture into the prepared jelly pan. Bake 20-22 minutes, or until the cake springs back when gently pressed in the center and when the edges are coming away from the sides of the pan..
- While the cake bakes, make the chocolate icing! In a bowl, mix together the melted butter, milk and cocoa until well combined. In a large bowl, combine the powder sugar, cocoa mixture and vanilla..
- Whisk until no clumps remain. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel until cake is ready..
- You can frost the cake immediately for thinner icing that slightly melts into the cake, or allow to slightly cool for a thicker icing layer. If fully cooled, the icing may be slightly hard to spread, but can be warmed for 15 seconds to help pour and spread if needed. Otherwise icing the cooled cake will provide the thickest icing..
- Pro tip: sprinkle the icing with roasted pecans if someone in your family doesn’t like nuts! I lightly tapped these to be leveled while the icing was still setting and cake still warm!.