Southern Chicken, Rice and Greens.
You can cook Southern Chicken, Rice and Greens using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southern Chicken, Rice and Greens
- It’s of thick cut bacon.
- Prepare of cut chicken parts (we like breasts and thighs, but you can use a whole chicken).
- It’s of seasoned salt.
- You need of Sylvia's Sizzlin' Hot Spice.
- It’s of coarse ground black pepper.
- It’s of uncooked rice.
- You need of stewed tomatoes.
- It’s of chicken stock.
- Prepare of packed fresh greens of choice (we prefer mustard).
Southern Chicken, Rice and Greens step by step
- Cut bacon into pieces and fry until crisp. Drain well and set aside. Leave bacon grease in skillet/dutch oven. Mix spices and sprinkle on all chicken. Fry in hot bacon grease for about 3/4 min each side (brown lightly) and set aside. Leave 1 tablespoon of drippings in pan..
- Add rice to pan drippings and stir over med high heat for 2 min. Add tomatoes, broth, greens and half the bacon. Stir well and heat to boiling. Place chicken pieces on top of rice mixture and cover. Bake 45 min or until chicken is done and liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with reserved bacon and serve..