Dan Dan Mian (Dan Dan Noodles).
You can have Dan Dan Mian (Dan Dan Noodles) using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dan Dan Mian (Dan Dan Noodles)
- You need of Pork Topping.
- It’s 1 lb of ground pork.
- You need 1 tbsp. of minced ginger.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of fermented soy bean paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of Shaoxing Wine.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sui Mi Ya Cai (pickled mustard greens).
- You need 2 of green onions.
- You need of Noodle Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chinese Cooked Sesame Paste.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of light soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of Chinkiang Vinegar.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 of green onions, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Red Sichuan peppercorns (toasted & ground).
- You need 1 tsp of Green Sichuan peppercorns (toasted & ground).
- You need 6-8 portions of fresh Chinese wheat noodles.
- You need 8 Tbsp of chicken stock.
- You need of Chili oil (see recipe).
- It’s of Green onion and cilantro for garnish.
Dan Dan Mian (Dan Dan Noodles) step by step
- Pork topping and Sauce can be prepared well in advance and stored in the fridge.
- Mix pork with ginger, fermented soy beans, shaoxing wine, sugar. Let stand for 10-20min while prepping sauce. (pictured: fermented soy beans).
- Toast green and red peppercorns in wok at high heat. Keep them moving and toast for about 2 min until fragrant (not burnt). Grind the toasted peppercorns with spice grinder or mortar and pestle.
- Prepare sauce by whisking sesame paste (make sure you mix the paste in the jar before measuring it out) and soy sauce together in bowl. Add the Chinkiang vinegar. Keep stirring until mixed. Then mix in the garlic, green onion, honey, and ground Sichuan peppercorns..
- Once pork has marinated for 10-20 min, heat a wok on high heat with 1tbsp of cooking oil. When hot, add the marinated pork mixture. Keep it moving and cook until it starts to sear some of the pieces..
- Add the Sui Mi Ya Cai and green onions. Reduce heat to medium and cook until moisture is evaporated..
- Cook noodles according to their instructions (usually you want to cook hot and fast, and then cool down with cold water at the end so they stay chewy)..
- Before noodles are finished, prepare each dish by portioning 3-4 tbsp of sauce in bottom of each dish. Add as much chili oil as you like to add heat..
- Once noodles are done, work quickly to ensure dish is hot when served. Portion noodles into each prepared dish, top with extra chili oil, 1 tbsp chicken stock, garnish with cilantro and green onion..