Nia’s Okonomiyaki (Japanese Savory Pancake).
You can have Nia’s Okonomiyaki (Japanese Savory Pancake) using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nia’s Okonomiyaki (Japanese Savory Pancake)
- It’s 1/2 cup of purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of dashi (if you don’t have dashi, you can substitute with a chicken powder, or mushrooms powder).
- You need of Salt to taste.
- It’s 1-2 cups of shredded cabbage.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded carrots.
- You need 1 cup of chopped cilantro (I prepare green onion).
- You need of Oil.
- Prepare of Japanese mayonnaise (I used regular mayonnaise by adding sugar, and white wine vinegar).
- It’s of Sriracha (ketchup).
- It’s of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of Chopped green onion.
- It’s of Japanese noodles snack (optional).
Nia’s Okonomiyaki (Japanese Savory Pancake) instructions
- Using a large bowl, put all the ingredients and mix well..
- Heat a nonstick pan frying over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil. When the oil hot enough or shimmers, drop one ladle of batter into the pan, press with the spatula, shaping into a large, thick (1/2 inch) pancake..
- Cook over medium-low heat until the pancake is browned and set on one side. Flip it over and cook on the other side. Transfer to the serving plate. Repeat with the remaining batter..
- Sizzling with Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, and sriracha or ketchup. Sprinkle with chopped green onion and Japanese noodle snack..
- Served hot right off the pan. Enjoy!.
- Note: For this recipe you can also add chopped shrimp or bacon..
- “Dine what you want at your home👩🍳HappyCooking❤️.