California Farm Pickled Small Onions.
You can cook California Farm Pickled Small Onions using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of California Farm Pickled Small Onions
- Prepare Pound of boiler onions, as many as will fit in a quart jar.
- Prepare Pint of water, tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of vinegar, 1/2 cup cane sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each Salt, turmeric, garlic clove, peppercorns, laurel leaf.
- Prepare of Equipment.
- Prepare quart of wide mouth sterilized pickling jar, fresh lid, and cap ring.
- Prepare of pan deep enough to hold quart pickling jar in water up to the neck.
- You need of Food cost:.
- Prepare of Reuseable jars, homegrown onions, ingredients 40 cents per jar.
California Farm Pickled Small Onions instructions
- Immerse onions in their jar in a tablespoon of salt in cold water overnight. Next morning, rub off any loose and dry outer skin with your fingers, trim top and bottom with scissors, rinse jar, put onions back in, fill till half an inch from the top..
- Boil vinegar, sugar, spices. Pour slowly over onions. Put open jar in deep pan, fill pan with warm water till the neck of the jar. Put in 350F degree oven, boil 15 minutes. Cap jar with lid and screwcap, lift out, put upside down on towel to cool. Check if lid is firm on jar when cool. If firm, put in pantry, mark year on top. If not, put in fridge and eat. Done..