California Farm Limoncello Liqueur.
You can have California Farm Limoncello Liqueur using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of California Farm Limoncello Liqueur
- It’s of Everclear grain alcohol.
- Prepare of fresh Large Meyer Improved Lemons.
- You need of (liter) cane sugar.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of bottle 80 proof (40% alcohol) vodka.
- It’s of Tools.
- You need of mason jars with lids.
- Prepare of mason jar.
- Prepare of Microplaner.
- Prepare of Measuring.
- It’s of Fine sieve.
- You need of Cost.
- It’s of Home grown lemons are free, at the farmers market,$20, cane sugar, 80 cents, vodka $12, grain alcohol $2, total is $14.80 to $34.80, or $3.70 per quart bottle to $8.70 per quart bottle.
California Farm Limoncello Liqueur step by step
- Scrub, rinse, then soak fresh lemons in bucket of cold water overnight. Dry. Microplane the skin to obtain the best zest. Put in pint glass container. Top with grain alcohol (195 proof is best, 120 proof works). Close airtight, put in dark closet for four months..
- Boil 2 cups of cane sugar in 4 cups of water till dissolved, stir. Cool, put in quart jar. Filter the zest extract, add half a cup of extract to quart jar. Top with vodka. IMPORTANT. Lemon zest has different intensity from harvest to harvest. Taste your first jar, adjust your dissolved sugar quantity for the other three jars to your taste. Enjoy..