California Farm Cauliflower Stem Nutmeg Soup.
You can cook California Farm Cauliflower Stem Nutmeg Soup using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of California Farm Cauliflower Stem Nutmeg Soup
- You need of cauliflower stems sliced as carrot slices.
- Prepare of nutmeg, salt, pepper.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of milk.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- It’s of egg yolk.
- It’s of Cost: egg yolk 20 cents, milk 30 cents, heavy cream 60 cents, cauliflower stem $1, spices 10 cents, 55 cents a bowl.
California Farm Cauliflower Stem Nutmeg Soup step by step
- Quarter cauliflower top to bottom, cut florets off and set aside, trim and wash stem and outer leaves, cut in thin carrot slices. A two pound cauliflower will have one pound of stem and one pound of florets. In closed pan, steam cut up pieces of cauliflower stem in two cups of water, pinch of salt, 20 minutes, reduce to simmer, add water to replace steamed off water, mash with potato masher till creamed..
- Add cup of milk, stir, keep soup warm, never boiling..
- Whip egg yolk in heavy cream in large measuring cup till smooth, add cup of soup broth, mix till smooth, drizzle mixture slowly into soup while stirring. Add pepper to taste. Serve in bowls, sprinkling fresh ground nutmeg on top. Enjoy.