Chicken Lo mein.
You can have Chicken Lo mein using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Lo mein
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Chinese wine or mirin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chili oil.
- It’s Tsp of ginger.
- It’s Tsp of msg(optional).
- You need Tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of corn syrup.
- Prepare Tsp of brown sugar.
- You need Tsp of white sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need Tbsp of red pepper flakes(I like it spicy).
- Prepare of For the chicken.
- It’s 2 of large and trimmed chicken thighs sliced thin into inch pieces.
- You need of Add a few tablespoons of the the sauce along with some chili oil and sesame oil and allow to marinate.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch mixed in before cooking to velvet the chicken.
- You need of Veggies.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded Napa cabbage.
- You need 1 cup of Julienne carrots (about 2 thick carrots).
- It’s 8 oz of white mushrooms sautéed.
- It’s Half of bag of French green beans snipped and halved (8oz bag).
- You need Bundle of green onions sliced horizontally into half inch slices (about 6 green onions).
- You need of low mein noodles.
Chicken Lo mein instructions
- Start by adding the mushrooms to the wok and cook them down very well until they have reduced in size and browned, remove and set aside..
- Cook your lo mein noodles, drain and set aside..
- Heat peanut oil in your wok until slightly smoking. Start by adding the chicken and cook until you see no more raw and remove and set aside. Add a little more oil and then add the beans and carrots for a few minutes until you see them getting seared. Add the green onions for an additional couple minutes..
- Add in the the Mushrooms and chicken and toss really well and cook until everything is getting a really good sear. Add the cabbage for another minute or until it breaks down..
- Add the noodles and toss well. Push everything to the side and add the rest of the sauce and let it start to simmer then toss everything together very well..