Easy and Authentically American Chili Bean Soup.
You can have Easy and Authentically American Chili Bean Soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy and Authentically American Chili Bean Soup
- It’s of to 350 grams Ground meat – mixed beef and pork (or ground pork only).
- It’s of Onions.
- It’s of ♡ Cinnamon.
- It’s of ♡ Allspice.
- It’s of ♡ Nutmeg.
- You need of ♥ Water.
- It’s of ♥ Raisins.
- You need of ♥ Celery (added because I like it; optional).
- Prepare of ♥ Kidney beans.
- It’s of ♥ Soup stock cube.
- It’s of ☆ Tomatoes.
- It’s of to 2 teaspoons ☆ Salt.
- It’s of plus ☆ Chili powder.
Easy and Authentically American Chili Bean Soup instructions
- Prep: Measure out all the ingredients. Chop the onions coarsely. Cut the celery into 1 cm dice, and the tomatoes into 1.5 to 2 cm dice..
- Rinse the kidney beans lightly, and drain..
- Put some olive oil (not listed in the ingredients) in a large pot, add the onion and ground meat, and stir fry over low-medium heat until the onion turns transparent..
- Add the ♡ cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg, and stir fry for about 2 minutes to spread the spices around evenly..
- Add the ♥ water, celery, raisins, kidney beans and soup stock cube. Bring to a boil over high heat. Turn down the heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes or so..
- Add the ☆ tomatoes, salt and chili powder. Simmer over low heat for another 10 minutes or so..
- If you can't get a hold of kidney beans, use about 350 g of boiled kintoki beans. When I make this soup in Japan, my mother boils the beans for me..