Hot and sour soup.
You can cook Hot and sour soup using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot and sour soup
- You need 1 qt of chicken stock(used Costcos).
- You need 3/8 lb of pork shoulder julienned.
- It’s 3 of shitake mushrooms sliced.
- It’s 5 pc of black fungus chopped.
- Prepare 1/8 inch of slice ginger minced.
- You need 5 ounce of extra firm tofu 1×1/2×1/4".
- You need of Handful julienned carrots.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of bamboo shoots julienned.
- Prepare 1 of &1/2 tsp chili paste (Sambal).
- It’s 3/8 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 3/16 C of soy sauce.
- You need 3/16 C of aged vinegar.
- You need 1/2-1 tsp of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten.
- Prepare 2 of scallions chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of corn starch plus water to make slurry.
Hot and sour soup step by step
- Heat stock to boiling in wok.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, bamboo shoots, ginger, Sambal to pot. Reduce to low and cook 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add pork that an hour prior was marinated in 1 Tbs soy, 1 Tbs water, tsp corn starch, 2 Tbs cooking oil, 1/8 tsp white pepper and sprinkle of salt. Stir soup to separate pork. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add all soy sauce, vinegar, 3/8 tsp white pepper and cook 4 to 6 minutes.
- Slowly add slurry and return to low boil to thicken.
- When thickened, add beaten egg in spiral pattern. Wait 5-10 seconds, slowly stir to form egg ribbons.
- Add tofu and sesame oil and cook 2 minutes.
- Serve with chopped scallions and fried wontons if you like.