One Pot Creamy American Goulash.
You can cook One Pot Creamy American Goulash using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of One Pot Creamy American Goulash
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground beef.
- You need 1 can (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s 2 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream or milk.
- Prepare 2 cups of elbow pasta, uncooked.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each Italian seasoning, salt, pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
One Pot Creamy American Goulash step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan with a tight fitting lid over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring often until they are translucent. Then add the garlic and cook just another minute or so, until fragrant..
- Add the ground beef and cook until it is brown throughout. Drain out any excess fat, if necessary..
- Increase the heat to med-high. Stir in the broth, cream and diced tomatoes. Then stir in the seasonings and allow it to come to a boil..
- Once it starts to boil, stir in the uncooked elbows, put the lid on and decrease the heat to med-low. Simmer for 11-13 minutes, until the pasta is cooked through and the liquid is mostly absorbed..
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir half the cheese in until it melts. Then sprinkle the rest across the top. Place the lid back on for another 2-3 minutes, until the cheese has melted..
- Serve immediately and refrigerate any leftovers..