California Farm Lox Salmon from scratch.
You can have California Farm Lox Salmon from scratch using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of California Farm Lox Salmon from scratch
- It’s of fresh thick atlantic salmon, 2 pieces, 4 by 8 inches (10 by 20 cm), skin on.
- You need of Lemon juice, himalayan rock salt, fine curing salt, brown sugar, pepper. Dried dill weeds and seeds, or fresh dill herb.
- It’s of Tools.
- It’s of x 8 inch (20 x 20cm) square glass dish.
- Prepare of flat rock.
- You need of flat cedar plank.
- It’s of Cost.
- It’s of salmon $8, spices 50 cents. Makes 12 ounces of cured lox, enough for 24 sandwiches, 35 cents per sandwich.
California Farm Lox Salmon from scratch step by step
- Rinse salmon, wipe dry. Put 1 Tbs himalayan rock salt on bottom of dish. Lay bottom salmon piece skin down, rub Tbs lemon juice on top. Sprinkle Tbs brown sugar on top. Sprinkle tsp ground black pepper on top. Sprinkle tsp curing salt on top. Sprinkle tsp dill seed on top. Sprinkle tsp dill weed on top. Tbs lemon juice on top piece. Lay top piece skin up, tsp rock salt on top. When in season, replace dried dill seed and dill weed with enough fresh dill herbs to cover salmon..
- Cover salmon with cedar plank, rock on top, shrinkwrap, put on kitchen counter overnight. Pour pressed salmon juices off, put in fridge. Pour off juices every day..
- Take lox out after a week, rinse off, dry, put two halves together in quart ziplock bag, skin out. Slice thin across the grain on the diagonal, serve on home baked bread with capers and pickled cucumber. Enjoy!.
- Optional: serve on wheat crackers with black Icelandic caviar, each portion the tip of a small knife. (2 grams per serving, 50 gram jar on Amazon is $12).