Southern style baked macaroni. Watch me make this southern baked macaroni and cheese from start to finish! I'm pretty sure you all know how hard it is to find a good, southern, soul food style Well, imagine my shock when my sister sashayed in on Thanksgiving and casually placed this baked macaroni & cheese on the table. SOUTHERN BAKED MACARONI & CHEESE (NO VELVEETA) Easy Recipe.
I also love the various mac and cheese preparations There are so many ways to prepare traditional, homestyle, baked, soul food mac and cheese (however you want to describe baked mac and cheese). Learn the secrets behind the ultimate Southern style baked macaroni and cheese! The ideal comfort food pasta dish everyone will beg for every night! You can have Southern style baked macaroni using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southern style baked macaroni
- Prepare of elbow noodles.
- It’s of extra sharp cheddar.
- It’s of mozzarella.
- Prepare of Smoked gouda cheese.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- It’s of eggs.
- It’s of stick of butter.
- Prepare of evaporated milk.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- Prepare of Salt pepper garlic and onion powder.
My husband will tell you the first thing I ever made for him was this baked macaroni and cheese. This recipe for the perfect Southern Style Baked Macaroni and Cheese has been in the works for a while. I am a huge fan of a Classic Mac and Cheese, so I really put a ton of time and effort in making sure I got it RIGHT, and I am really convinced this is the BEST macaroni and cheese recipe out there. Southern-Style Baked Macaroni and Cheese Stay Snatched.
Southern style baked macaroni instructions
- Grate cheese ahead of time if using block cheese.
- Boil noodles in salted water for 7 minutes or until al dente. Do not cook all the way.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl beat 3 eggs and add can of evaporated milk and 2 cups of heavy cream.
- When noodles are done drain water and return to pot..
- Mix in half stick of butter cut into cubes sour cream and seasonings to taste. Also mix in a good amount of cheeses..
- In a casserole dish or deep cast iron pan put a layer of noodles. Just enough to cover the bottom. Layer with a good amount of cheese and pour about half of the milk mixture over it.
- Put another layer of noodles and cheese and the rest of the milk mix..
- The milk should not be above halfway the macaroni. If you dont use all of it its ok..
- Add top layer of cheese and bake for 30-40 mins or until milk is cooked out and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Enjoy !!!!.
Creamy Baked Macaroni and Cheese Casserole Rose Reisman. The BEST baked Macaroni & Cheese EVER. A custard-style recipe for baked southern Mac & Cheese using eggs and evaporated milk. Use regular macaroni, jumbo macaroni, or whichever noodles you prefer best! We're undercooking our noodles just a smidge so they will hold up during the.