California Farm Avocado Shrimp Salad.
You can cook California Farm Avocado Shrimp Salad using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of California Farm Avocado Shrimp Salad
- Prepare 2 of large ripe Hass or Mexican avocados.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of fresh flash frozen Newport salad shrimp, cooked, peeled.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of shallot, scallions or mild red onion.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper sauce.
- It’s 1 of fresh farm egg.
- Prepare cup of safflower oil.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare tsp of mustard powder.
- Prepare tsp of lime juice.
- You need tsp of rice vinegar.
- Prepare Pinch of salt, pinch of pepper.
- Prepare 6 of “ planter pot to start avocado bushes from pits.
- You need of Cost.
- Prepare of Avocados, $1.50, newport shrimp 1 cup $2.50, home made mayo 20 cents, spices 20 cents, scallions 20 cents, other 10 cents, $1.15 per avocado.
California Farm Avocado Shrimp Salad step by step
- Rinse frozen shrimp under running water in sieve, drain. Mince shallot, mix with shrimp, few drops of lime juice, tsp pepper sauce. Mix well. Rest..
- Pulse egg, olive oil, mustard, pepper, salt, lime juice, rice vinegar in food processor eight seconds, then drizzle cup of safflower oil slowly while processor is running and mixture turns stiff like mayonnaise. Done. Put in cup jar, keeps fresh in fridge at least a month. Use two tablespoons of fresh mayonnaise to mix with shrimp and shallots. Taste. If too spicy, add spoon of mayonnaise..
- Cut avocados in half WITHOUT cutting into the pit, lift out with bamboo skewer, put shrimp mixture in avocado halves..
- Plant pits in windowsill planter filled half with potting soil, topped with peat moss. Keep moist till shrubs appears magically..