California Farm Pork Onion Bean Mushroom Stew.
You can have California Farm Pork Onion Bean Mushroom Stew using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of California Farm Pork Onion Bean Mushroom Stew
- You need of lean fresh pork shoulder.
- You need of dried white beans, or can of white beans.
- It’s of yellow onions.
- Prepare of fresh white mushrooms.
- It’s of vegetable broth.
- Prepare of dry sherry.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- Prepare of each oregano, cumin, lemon juice.
- It’s of grape seed oil.
- Prepare of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s of Cost.
- You need of pork shoulder, $3, dried beans 20 cents, 2 onions 60 cents, 4 cups broth 40 cents, spices 10 cents, cup of cooking sherry $1, 5 dinners, $1.06 per hearty dinner.
California Farm Pork Onion Bean Mushroom Stew step by step
- Rinse beans and cook in 4 cups of vegetable broth, two hours. Add water as needed. While cooking, cut pork in 2 inch chunks, peel and cut onions horizontally in two, cut mushroom top to bottom in two. Heat grape seed oil in dutch oven, brown pork cubes at high heat, one half pound at a time, set aside. Braise onions and mushrooms in pan scrapings. Set aside..
- Pour bean stock, sherry, spices, tomato paste into dutch oven, stir with pan scrapings, bring to boil, add meat, stir. Add onions and mushroom, stir, simmer 30 minutes or till onions are soft. Add beans, stir, simmer 2 minutes, taste. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Pack four extra portions in ziplock freezer bags to save, serve stew over boiled potatoes or rice. Enjoy..