California Farm Peach Brandy.
You can have California Farm Peach Brandy using 3 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of California Farm Peach Brandy
- You need of ripe peaches or more to produce one quart/liter of peach juice.
- You need of simple syrup (4 cups cane sugar boiled in 4 cups water).
- It’s of dry yeast.
California Farm Peach Brandy instructions
- Rinse peaches and remove pits. Leave skin on to obtain beautiful color in the brandy. Press, juice will come out of the bottom, pulp oozes out the top..
- Sanitize peach juice and peach pulp to kill wild yeasts: put in the oven, heat to 170F degrees, three hours, turn oven off, cool under 72F. Strain juice out of pulp in cheesecloth bag, pour peach juice into ceramic crock pot or mason jar with airlock. Stir in yeast, top with one quart of cold simple syrup..
- Store two weeks in dark below 72F degrees, till fermentation has stopped. Stir weekly. We reuse pint beer bottles with porcelain caps to store our peach brandy, four bottles. Enjoy..