Easy light potato salad. Toss sliced red potatoes together with olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and other savory spices. A little bit of sugar adds a sweet edge while. A light and easy potato salad with a Greek-style olive oil dressing can be served immediately or chilled and served later.
This light potato salad eases the guilt (and calories!) using fat-free mayonnaise. You could also use Greek yogurt to eliminate some of the calories without sacrificing the creamy texture and taste of traditional potato salad. You Won't Know It's Not Potato Salad. You can cook Easy light potato salad using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy light potato salad
- You need 8 of small unpealed potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of hardboiled eggs.
- It’s 1 of small onion (home grown), sliced.
- You need 1 of ripe tomato (3 colour home grown variety), diced.
- Prepare of flat parsley (from the my herb garden).
- You need 1 sprig of rosemary (from my herb garden).
- You need 1 sprig of thyme (from my herb garden).
- You need 8 tablespoons of unfiltered virgin olive oil.
- You need 4 tablespoons of white wine vinegar infused with estragon.
- You need to taste of rough salt.
- Prepare to taste of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of honey.
I know the potato salad I suggest is in culinary terms very un-American I resolutely believe, however, that potatoes are so much better dressed in oil and vinegar (but it must be good wine vinegar) than blanketed in mayonnaise. Our classic potato salad recipe is the perfect barbecue side dish, great for picnic spreads or paired with roast leftovers. This delicious and easy potato salad recipe is mayonnaise free and has lots of fresh herbs. This herby salad is naturally gluten free, egg free, and vegan.
Easy light potato salad step by step
- Boil potatoes untill soft.
- Hardboil your organic eggs (mine is from my chickens in the back yard) normally 10 min from cold water to ready..
- Cut your potatoes in two, and dice your eggs after..
- Add our sliced onion, diced tomato and herbs and give it a gentle stir as not to break the potatoes.
- Add your olive oil and vinegar. let it stand for two hours so that the potatoes absorbs all the flavours of the herbs..
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Here's what we add: Potatoes — I love using small baby or new potatoes for this salad. Red bliss potatoes or fingerlings are also excellent options. This was a very nice, light potato salad. Did not use bell peppers as DH and I both dislike them. I made the salad as directed using red potatoes for dinner tonight.