Coleslaw. Coleslaw (from the Dutch term koolsla meaning 'cabbage salad'), also known as cole slaw, "New England Salad", or simply slaw, is a condiment consisting primarily of finely shredded raw cabbage with a salad dressing, commonly either vinaigrette or mayonnaise. Just a great, creamy, traditional Coleslaw with a terrific homemade Coleslaw dressing. Recipe v Video v Dozer v.
Coleslaw is easy to make in advance. The vegetables can be shredded a day or two in advance and kept in a resealable bag in the refrigerator. We have homemade coleslaw at least once a week, usually with fish, and often with burgers or hot dogs. You can have Coleslaw using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coleslaw
- It’s 250 g of red cabbage.
- Prepare 250 g of white cabbage.
- You need 200 g of carrot.
- You need 200 g of red onion.
- It’s 2 of medium red apple (200g).
- It’s 50 g of flat leaf parsley.
- You need 2 of lemons.
- Prepare 1 tsp of english mustard.
- You need 150 g of mayonnaise.
- You need 5 g of salt.
- It’s 3 g of cracked black pepper.
We also often make this coleslaw recipe without mayonnaise. This Coleslaw recipe is crisp and refreshing, with just enough creamy dressing to bring it all together, but not drowning in mayonnaise. Homemade coleslaw makes the perfect accompaniment to a picnic feast, delicious served A simple homemade coleslaw of traditional carrots, onion, celery and both white and red cabbage with light. If you're tired of limp, flavorless coleslaw, make your own!
Coleslaw step by step
- In a food processor or with a box grater, slice & grate up all your veg. Core and slice the apples by hand..
- Add to a large bowl and mix. add the chopped parsley, mustard, salt, pepper and juice of both lemons..
- Finally add the mayo and stir in. As dry or creamy as you prefer..
For a classic creamy coleslaw, toss shredded cabbage and carrots with a dressing of mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, and seasonings. Even though I used packaged coleslaw and broccoli slaw (thanks to a previous reviewer's suggestions), still quite a bit of time and work was involved in. Quick and easy recipe comes together in minutes using only a handful ingredients. Make it creamy or light to enjoy with your barbecue. From broccoli slaw to coleslaw made with Asian dressing and Napa cabbage to the classic cabbage and carrot mix with a mayonnaise sauce, you'll find See more ideas about recipes, coleslaw, slaw.