Bacon Cheese Mac n Cheese.
You can have Bacon Cheese Mac n Cheese using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon Cheese Mac n Cheese
- You need 1 lb of elbow macaroni.
- You need 4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 of sprigs thyme.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic smashed and divided.
- You need 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 5 1/2 cup of shredded shape white cheddar.
- Prepare 1 dash of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped flat leaf parsley.
- You need 4 slice of bacon cut crosswise into strips.
- Prepare 1 large of onion diced.
- You need 1 dash of chili flakes.
- It’s 1 of kosher salt.
Bacon Cheese Mac n Cheese instructions
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the macaroni and cook for 8-9 min. Drain.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small saucepan heat the milk with the theme sprigs and two garlic cloves. Melt the butter in a large deep skillet over a medium high heat..
- Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 min stirring constantly to keep lumps from forming. Strain the solids out of the milk and whisk it into the butter and flour mixture..
- Continue to whisk vigorously and cook until the mixture is nice and smooth. Stir in the 4 cups of cheese and continue to cook and stir to melt the cheese. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add the cooked macaroni and the parsley and fold that all in to coat the macaroni with the cheese mixture. Add a few chili flakes. Scrape into a 3 quart baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1 1/2 cups of cheese . Bake for 30 min or until hot and bubbly..
- While that bakes heat a saute pan. Add the bacon render the fat and cook till crispy. Add Onion..garlic..and thyme and cook for about 5 min to soften the onion. Season with salt and pepper..
- To serve scatter the bacon mixture over the mac and cheese. Use a big spoon to scoop out servings making sure you give everyone some of the bacon mixture in each spoonful..