You can cook Tiramisu Trifle using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tiramisu Trifle
- It’s of egg yolks.
- You need of plus 5 tablespoons sugar divided.
- You need of liqueur divided (dark rum).
- Prepare of whipping cream.
- You need of whipped cream cheese room temperature.
- Prepare of espresso or strong coffee.
- It’s of vanilla.
- Prepare of lady finger cookies.
- You need of Cocoa powder for dusting.
Tiramisu Trifle step by step
- Whisk sugar and yolks until sugar is dissolved..
- Place yolk/sugar mixture onto double boiler with water simmering..
- Add 1/2 cup of liquor to yolk/sugar and cook until thickened, scraping bowl with spatula. Cover and cool in fridge..
- Put whipping cream and 5 tablespoons of sugar into mixer and mix until stiff..
- Fold the cream cheese into the whipped cream. Cover and cool in fridge..
- Once the yolk/sugar mixture and whipped cream mixture are completely chilled, fold the yolk/sugar mixture into the whipped cream mixture..
- Mix the coffee, vanilla and 1/4 cup tum in a bowl..
- Arrange layer of lady fingers on bottom of trifle bowl. Spoon coffee and then layer the cream and cocoa powder. Continue to develop the layers. Refrigerate no less than 1 hour (2 is best)..