Mussels in White Wine Sauce.
You can cook Mussels in White Wine Sauce using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mussels in White Wine Sauce
- It’s 1 medium of onion (finely chopped).
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves (minced).
- It’s 1 tsp of plain flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of kosher salt or sea salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flat leaf parsley (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 kg of Fresh mussels (scrubbed, debearded and cleaned of sand).
- It’s 1 of Fresh red chilli, sliced or chilli powder (optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Prepare 50 ml of water (more or less).
Mussels in White Wine Sauce step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a pot on a high medium heat..
- Sauté the onion and garlic until the onion has softened..
- Stir in the flour, and cook for around 1 minute..
- Next add the bay leaf, lemon juice, white wine, salt and pepper..
- Simmer and cover with lid for around 5 minutes..
- Add the tomato paste and stir. Simmer for another 3-5 minutes..
- Add the mussels to the pot and stir. Simmer the mussels for around 5-10 minutes or until they have opened their shells..
- Add water and toss the pan if the liquid thickens too much..
- Check seasoning prior to turning the heat off..
- Lastly, sprinkle with the parsley, stir well and serve..