Thermomix Israeli cous cous salad.
You can cook Thermomix Israeli cous cous salad using 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thermomix Israeli cous cous salad
- It’s of Dressing.
- You need 3 of Garlic cloves.
- You need 60 of grs extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to taste.
- You need 50 of grs red onion, cut into halves.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of grated lemon zest, no white pith.
- You need 40 of grs lemon juice, plus extra to taste.
- You need 3 springs of fresh mint, leaves only torn.
- It’s 3 springs of fresh flat leaf parsley, leaves only torn.
- You need of Cous Cous salad.
- Prepare 800 of grs water.
- You need 200 of grs Israeli Cous Cous, rinsed and drained (also known as pearl cous cous).
- You need 200 of grs red lentils, rinsed and drained.
- You need 200 of grs cauliflower florets cut into 2 cms.
- You need 200 of grs broccoli florets cut into 2 cms.
- It’s 250 of grs cherry tomatoes, halved.
- You need 100 of grs pitted Kalamata olives.
- It’s 40 of grs pistachio nuts.
- Prepare 40 of grs slivered almonds.
- It’s 30 of grs pine nuts.
- Prepare 1-2 pinches of sea salt, to taste.
- You need 1-2 pinches of ground black pepper, to taste.
Thermomix Israeli cous cous salad instructions
- For the dressing: Place the garlic into the bowl and chop 3sec/seep 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with the spatula..
- Add the oil and cook 1 min30sec/100 c/speed 1.
- Add the onion, oregano, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, cayenne, zest and lemon juice and chop 3 sec/ speed 7. Scrape down the sides with the spatula..
- Add the remaining herbs and combine 10 sec/reverse/speed 2. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. No need to clean the bowl..
- Cous cous salad Add the water into the bowl and then place the basket in the bowl, then weigh the cous cous and the lentils into it. Place the varoma dish into position and weigh broccoli and cauliflower into it. Secure the varoma lid and steam 9 min/varoma/ speed 2..
- Set varoma aside and stir the cous cous and lentils, then stir the broccoli and cauliflower. Place the varoma back into position, the cook 2-4 minutes/varoma/ speed 2, or until the lentils are cooked to your liking. The broccoli and the cauliflower need to be removed when they are cooked to your liking. I like them quite hard so I do take them out after step 1..
- Remove the simmering basket with the aid of the spatula and the varoma and rinse the cous cous and lentils under cold water. Set aside to drain..
- Transfer the drained ingredients into a large bowl and place the bowl and the lid back. Weigh all the remaining salad ingredients, including the reserved dressing into the bowl. Add extra oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Transfer into a serving bowl and place in the fridge until ready to serve..