Tiramisu. Tiramisu (Italian: tiramisù [ˌtiramiˈsu], from tirami su, "pick me up" or "cheer me up") is a coffee-flavoured Italian dessert.
You can cook Tiramisu using 14 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tiramisu
- Prepare of Zabaglione.
- You need 4 large of Egg Yolks.
- You need 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Marsala Wine.
- Prepare of Custard.
- Prepare 16 oz of Mascarpone Cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare of Base.
- Prepare 50 of Lady Finger Cookies.
- You need 12 oz of Espresso.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 2 oz of Rum or Brandy.
- It’s of Topping Part.
- You need 2 tbsp of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- Brew Espresso.
- Mix 2 Tablespoons of Sugar with espresso. Add Rum or Brandy. I use rum out of preference..
- After Mixing Espresso, Place into Refrigerator to Cool.
- In Heat Proof Bowl, Whisk Egg Yolks until they become a light and fluffy cream..
- Pour sugar and wine and whisk briefly until blended.
- Pour some water into a saicepan and set it over high heat. After it boils, lower to medium..
- Place heat proof bowl over the water until mixture thickens and smooths out. stop when it slowly bubbles.
- As zabaglione cools, Whip heavy cream into soft peaks in a seperate bowl..
- In a third bowl, beat the mascarpone until smooth and creamy.
- Pour Zabaglione Mix into cheese and beat until smooth..
- Fold whipped cream Into Zabaglione/cheese mixture..
- Place mixture into fridge..
- Take espresso mix, and dip lady fingers into it for about 1 second on each side. then place into pan, or whatever else you are serving with. I use a martini cup..
- When placing into a pan, place enough for 1 layer of lady fingers. then spread the Custard mix on top..
- Cover Custard layer with another layer of soaked lady fingers..
- add rest of custard mix. then sprinkle cocoa powder on the top evenly.
- Chill for 4 hours.