Fall Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes.
You can cook Fall Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fall Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes
- You need of For the Cupcakes.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of bread flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sea salt or kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter (not margarine), melted.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 1 cup of of your favorite strongly brewed coffee.
- You need 1 tsp of freshly ground nutmeg.
- It’s of For the Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of softened butter (room temp).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- It’s 2 2/3 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of freshly ground nutmeg.
Fall Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Line 2 cupcake tins (12each)with liners (makes 24 cupcakes)..
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream sugar, eggs, butter and buttermilk. Add almond extracted nutmeg and mix well..
- In a separate bowl, sift bread flour and cocoa powder until its lump free..
- Add baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined..
- Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined..
- Add brewed coffee to the mixed batter and mix again until combined..
- Fill each cupcake tin 3/4 way full. Any more and your batter will run over and create a huge mess!.
- Bake cupcakes for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean..
- Once cupcakes are done, set aside to cool while moving on to make the frosting..
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, cream the butter for one to 2 minutes..
- Sift the powdered sugar and the cocoa powder in a separate bowl until lump free then slowly add it to the butter in the mixing bowl..
- Add the heavy whipping cream, almond extract and nutmeg. Mix until smooth, creamy and airy about 3 to 4 minutes..
- Frost cupcakes and decorate if desired. Enjoy!.