Tiramisu. Tiramisu (Italian: tiramisù [ˌtiramiˈsu], from tirami su, "pick me up" or "cheer me up") is a coffee-flavoured Italian dessert.
You can cook Tiramisu using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tiramisu
- Prepare 6 of large egg yolks.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of mascarpone cheese.
- You need 1 3/4 of heavy whipping cream.
- You need of Approx. 30 ladyfingers.
- Prepare 1 cup of cold espresso.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of rum.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar on double boiler over boiling water, whisking to combine. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and whisk until thick and lemon-colored. Allow to cool..
- Add room-temperature mascarpone cheese to egg mixture, mix well to combine..
- In a separate bowl, mix whipping cream to stiff peaks..
- Gently fold whipped cream into egg and cheese mixture..
- Mix the cold espresso and rum. Dip ladyfingers into the mixture. Do not soak them, only dip for a second or two..
- Arrange the ladyfingers on the bottom of a square pan. Spoon half the cheese mixture on top of the ladyfingers. Repeat this process to have two layers with the cheese mixture on top..
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve chilled, topped with cocoa powder or shaved chocolate..