Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken.
You can have Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken
- You need of Granulated Sugar,.
- You need of Lee Kum Kee's Shrimp Paste,.
- You need of Tapioca Starch,.
- It’s of Rice Flour,.
- You need of Shao Xing / Hua Diao Wine,.
- It’s of Oyster Sauce,.
- Prepare of Light Soy Sauce,.
- Prepare of Egg Lightly Beaten,.
- It’s of Sea Salt,.
- It’s of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil, For Frying.
- Prepare of White Pepper,.
- It’s of Lee Kum Kee's Plum Sauce,.
- Prepare of Lao Gan Ma's Chili Crisp,.
- It’s of Dried Mushroom Powder,.
- You need of Chicken Flats,.
Har Cheong Gai | Shrimp Paste Chicken step by step
- In a large bowl, add sugar, shrimp paste, tapioca starch, rice flour, Shao Xing wine, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Stir to combine well and until smooth, making sure no large lumps. Add in eggs, salt, pepper and mushroom powder. Whisk until well combined..
- Add in the chicken flats. Toss and coat the chicken well with the batter. Make sure the chicken is fully submerged in the batter..
- Cover with cling film and marinate in the fridge overnight. Prepare a dutch oven with 2 inches of oil over medium heat. *To check the temperature of the oil, insert a wooden chopstick. If bubbles start to form around the chopstick, the temperature of the oil is ready for frying.*.
- Using a pair of tongs, gently drop the chicken into the oil away from you. *Do not discard the marinade.* Spoon some of the marinade over the chicken to create a crispy skirt. Deep fried until golden brown on both sides..
- Remove from heat and drain off excess oil on a wire cooling rack or on a plate lined with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix plum sauce and Lao Gan Ma's chili crisp well. This will be the dipping sauce. Serve the chicken immediately with the dipping sauce..