Tiramisu. Tiramisu (Italian: tiramisù [ˌtiramiˈsu], from tirami su, "pick me up" or "cheer me up") is a coffee-flavoured Italian dessert.
You can cook Tiramisu using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tiramisu
- It’s 6 of egg yolks.
- It’s 160 gr of superfine sugar.
- You need 200 gr of mascarpone cheese.
- It’s 430 ml of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 30-35 of Italian ladyfingers.
- It’s 300 ml of cold espresso or strong coffee.
- It’s 1 tbsp of molasses.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rum.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cocoa powder for dusting.
- When you are ready to make the sabayon place about one inch of water in a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and place a bowl on top of the small pot so it's sitting on the pot without touching the water..
- Add the egg yolks and sugar to the bowl, whipping to mix the ingredients together. Place the bowl on the small pot of simmering water. Using a whisk to mix, whip the egg/sugar mixture constantly for about 10 minutes. This will cook the eggs. The mixture will increase in volume as it thickens. This is your sabayon. After you have finished whipping the sabayon, remove the bowl from the heat and continue to whip yolks to help it cool..
- Add room temperature Mascarpone to whipped yolks, mix until well combined. Don't overmix this can cause curdling. *Mascarpone only needs to get to set out for 15-20 minutes. Don't let it get warm..
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer whip cream to stiff peaks..
- Gently fold the whipped cream in the mascarpone sabayon mixture and refrigerate until you are ready to assemble the tiramisu..
- Mix the cold espresso (or strong coffee) with the molasses and rum then dip the ladyfingers into the mixture just long enough to get them wet. Arrange the ladyfingers in the bottom of tray/baking fish or any of your available container. Spoon 1/3 the mascarpone cream filling over the ladyfingers. Repeat process with another layer of ladyfingers. Add another layer of tiramisu cream. Repeat till finish..
- Dust with cocoa powder and refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours. And enjoy!.