Nigella Lawson's Dark & Sumptuous Chocolate Cake.
You can cook Nigella Lawson's Dark & Sumptuous Chocolate Cake using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nigella Lawson's Dark & Sumptuous Chocolate Cake
- It’s of Icing:.
- It’s 60 ml of Water,.
- You need of High Quality Coconut Butter, 75g + More For Greasing.
- You need 50 g of Light Muscovado Sugar,.
- Prepare 1.5 TSP of High Quality Instant Espresso Powder / Nescafe Instant Coffee Powder,.
- Prepare 1.5 TBSP of High Quality Cocoa Powder Preferably Valrhona,.
- It’s 150 g of High Quality Vegan Dark Chocolate Coarsely Cracked,.
- It’s of Cake:.
- You need 200 g of Dark Muscovado Sugar,.
- You need 225 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- You need 2 TBSP of Coconut Rum,.
- Prepare 1.5 TSP of Baking Soda,.
- You need 1/2 TSP of Sea Salt,.
- You need 1.5 TSP of High Quality Instant Espresso Powder / Nescafe Instant Coffee Powder,.
- It’s 75 g of High Quality Cocoa Powder Preferably Valrhona,.
- You need 375 ml of Hot Water,.
- It’s 75 g of High Quality Coconut Oil,.
- It’s 1.5 TSP of Coconut Vinegar,.
- It’s of Edible Rose Petals Preferably Organic, For Garnishing.
- Prepare of Pistachios Coarsely Chopped, For Garnishing.
- It’s of Edible Gold Dust, For Dusting.
Nigella Lawson's Dark & Sumptuous Chocolate Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius or 350 fahrenheit. Lightly grease cake pan with coconut butter. Line with parchment paper and set aside..
- Prepare the icing. In a sauce pot over medium heat, add water, coconut butter, sugar and espresso powder. Stir until well combine. Sieve in cocoa powder..
- Stir until well combine and sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from heat, add in dark chocolate. Stir to combine well and until the chocolate has completely melted. Set aside..
- Prepare the cake. In a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, salt, espresso and cocoa powder. Mix to combine well. In another large bowl, add sugar, water, coconut oil, vinegar and rum..
- Stir to combine well and until the sugar has completely melted. Gradually while mixing, add in the sugar mixture into the flour mixture. Mix until well combined. Pass the cake batter thru a fine sieve and into the prepared cake pan..
- Give the cake pan a few tabs on the counter. Wack into the oven and bake for 30 mins or until a skewer comes out clean with a few crumbs. Remove from oven and set aside to cool down for 30 mins. Transfer onto a serving plate..
- Pour icing over the cake. Gently coax the icing to the edge. Garnish with rose petals, pistachios and gold dust. Slice and serve..